Emily - DIY Maleficent Inspired Sunglasses
This week I have been inspired by Maleficent, and a gothic glamour theme, to create these black rose sunglasses. They are surprisingly simple to make yourself, and the bold look of them is also bang on trend.
You will need: ‘Fimo’ modelling clay, a pair of sunglasses, superglue and some scissors.
1. Form a thin oval out of your clay, roughly the width of a pound coin. Roll from one end to form the inner spiral of your rose.
2. Make several more thin pieces of clay of varying sizes. These will form the petals.
3. Starting with the smallest of your petals and mould onto your inner spiral.
4. Repeat. Work your way from the smallest to the largest, overlapping each of the petals. You can also shape and mould the rose to your liking by folding over the ends of the petals for example.
5. Using scissors or a knife, cut the excess clay off the bottom of the rose to form a flat base.
6. Repeat this process until you have around 8-10 roses of varying sizes. I used 4 roses for each side of my glasses.
7. Place your roses on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 110 degrees. Then leave to cool.
8. Finally, arrange your roses on your glasses in a pattern that you are happy with, then using your superglue fix each rose on. A good tip here is to use a small piece of un-baked Fimo on the back of each rose to arrange the roses on your glasses first, just to see what order they look best in. Then glue them on once you’re happy!